Today is a fun one.
Day 20: a song about or mentioning a location pretty close to you
You get 10, because I like a lot of them and it's hard to narrow them all down to even that.
* 1. "Sweet Home Chicago" by the Blues Brothers (theirs is my favorite)
* 2. "Lake Shore Drive" by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
* 3. "Somewhere on Fullerton" by Allister
4. "My Kind of Town" by Frank Sinatra
5. "When the Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin
* 6. "Go Go Gadget Flow" by Lupe Fiasco
* 7. "Mercy Me" by Alkaline Trio
* 8. "Closer to Our Graves" by Lucky Boys Confusion
9. "2120 South Michigan Avenue" by the Rolling Stones
10. "Best Wishes to your Black Lung" by Less Than Jake
* Asterisks mean they're from here
(I chose Reel Big Fish)
Somebody posted looking for Halloweenesque songs so I made a playlist of my own. Check it: https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/halloween/pl.u-qxylK05C27rve4
Since I'm listening to it, here's MIA's Vicki Leekx mixtape. Still love it 10 years later. https://archive.org/details/M.I.A._-_Vicki_Leekx
It's the first of the new #MastoSourcedPlaylists!
The One About Good Vibes - I asked people for songs that make 'em feel better when things are shit, and here we are! Over 50 songs to make you feel nice!
If you want to be involved in future playlists (I think we're going to do Once a Week for now) just let me know and I'll get you on the list!
Damn I just saw that Ronald Bell from Kool and the Gang died. "Hollywood Swinging" is one of my favorite songs, so here it is in his honor.
I just saw a Reddit post with a poll about the worst songs in #TheSopranos and they listed "It Was a Very Good Year" by Frank Sinatra, "My Lover's Prayer" by Otis Redding, and "Dolphins" by Fred Neil. Needless to say I am judging the shit out of the OP and their lack of music taste.
Now he's sending me stuff on Apple Music, I'm here for this.
My friend Vick got me on there back in 2016, and he just sent me a couple of his favorites right now too since what I had faved was from back then. I'm excited to check them out.
I got in on first try lol woohoo
Petition to replace a Minnesota statue of Christopher Columbus with one of #Prince:
And apparently there's a similar call for Dolly Parton to replace some losing side soldier in Tennessee, too.
Today's soundtrack is my "Poppy Punk & Ska" playlist 😎